Thursday, September 29, 2016

My work and work like Austin.


Creating the backboard for the finished painting, part of the three dimensional effect.


My first working with sculpey clay for the surface effect. 


Creating the clay pattern and applying the first paint layer.


The final painting with the clay surface.


The final three dimensional work mounted on its backboard.






The beginning drawing of the Austin impression.


The drawing is finished and the painting really begins.


The work is starting to develop a theme.


Almost complete.


The final completed painting as I think Austin would interpret it.

I was very pleased with last week's feedback.  I still will be using acrylics as I enjoy their drying time.  Abstract Art is what I enjoy and am glad to hear that I should not feel the need to defend my choice.  My influence is still with the geometric artists of Albers and Vasarely which I have posted previously.


Just a new example of Victor Vasarely.


No comments:

Post a Comment