Thursday, October 6, 2016


Beginning drawing phases.


Beginning painting phase.


Straightening up the lines.


Straightening up the other side.


 The finished painting.


Preparing two surfaces to continue painting.


Starting the new painting.



Kenneth Noland


Jennifer Moreman

Last week's critique was interesting in the fact that everyone that exchanged places in their art work with the other student seemed to have positive experiences and a sense of adventure.  Personally, it certainly was a step outside of my comfort zone and I thought I captured that "different" aspect of Austen's work.  It was a challenge as well as fun.
My inspiration this week came from chevrons.  So, I went with it and really enjoyed the finished work.  Two artists who also worked with chevrons are Jennifer Moreman and Kenneth Noland.  Noland's work are tapestries with the influence of Native American culture.  Jennifer's work is just creative.  So this week I have both pattern and paintings as influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment