Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 8 - Painting II

After answering the questions on your survey I was drawn to the work of two abstract artists Victor Vaserely and Joseph Albers.  Both artists use graphic forms as their subject matter, but with the use of their own stylization.  This is what I am drawn to for my work in the next five paintings.  I've obtained five panels in the 36" x 36" size and will draw my work to the size of the panel.  The large size will be a challenge and so will be getting them back and forth to school.  I don't imagine such considerations were taken into account as so many students actually live on campus but I'll do my best.  The five paintings will comprise one body of work, united by the theme of abstraction and form. 

Two paintings I enjoyed were by Victor Vaserely.

 
Another painter I liked was Joseph Albers.
 

 
 
I enjoyed these painters who used simple forms with bright paint colors in a new way.  I'm very much taken with their work and it appeals to me as something abstract and also as pop art which I find entertaining and a part of current culture.  I intend to continue to look into this aspect of art and similar artists. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment