Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Week 10 Progress

Currently I'm working on a new painting in the modernism theme.  I really like the composition and how it is going so far.  I'll address last week's feelings with the thought that I felt positive about the subject matter and the drawing, but after working on it, became dissatisfied with the results and have taken the painting home and have reconfigured the work.  I intend to work over the weekend and will see where it takes me and whether I like it better.  That covers what's happening and my feelings for the work for this week and last week.  I believe that the reading I've done so far on the article of Abstract Expressionism has allowed me to feel like it is okay to experiment with my paintings and not feel everything we do has to have a conscious meaning; but in itself, going with your feelings is also an acceptable expression of art.  I've been looking into Salvador Dali and the Surrealism movement and have yet to get any in-depth information.  It is an interesting avenue of pursuit.  The photos of work in progress follows.     

 
 
These are a couple of interesting Dali works which I liked.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment