Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Drawing on Objects


I chose a rusted shovel as my object for the project.



I drew a picture of my Dad, copied it on brown paper and then charred the edges to add an ageing effect.


 

I laminated it to the shovel.





I took a box and made it into a plant flat and bought a plant and rusted and painted the words "Sunshine" and "Water" on the watering can.
 




My final composition is outside in my garden.
 
The inspiration for my project came to me after viewing the class blog and seeing the student work with the old tool.  The first thing I thought of was my Father, who was a gardener. He was seen every season with his flat of flowers, his shovel and trowel, his bucket with nutrients and his watering can.  I knew this was what I wanted to do for my project.  It was my job following after him to water the new plantings and also the weathered watering can became my tool.  It is a fond memory of times spent working in the yard with my Dad.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment